How to Register and Log In
Registering with us is easy. From the home screen, click Log In to set up a personal account. If you need to have administrator rights to manage your institution's account, simply contact us and our staff will be on hand to help you create an administrative user name.
Once you have registered as an institutional administrator, you will be able to download usage reports. If a user needs to change her password, she may do so at http://cognet.mit.edu/user/password.
If you need to update your institution's account or set up an additional administrator account, please contact our customer service team.
Adding or Updating IPs
Please email our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to add or update your IPs. Be sure to include these details in your message:
- Institution name
- Full list of current IP ranges in IP range format (see sample below)
- Administrator name and email
- Customer number and/or purchase order number, if available
Administrators may view COUNTER-compliant usage reports at any time by logging in to their institution's MIT CogNet account:
- Start at http://cognet.mit.edu
- Click "Log In" in the top-left corner of the screen
- Enter your administrative username into the "Email" box
- Enter your password into the "Password" box
- Go to http://cognet.mit.edu/librarians/counter - note: if you go to this url before logging in you will get an error message
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it at http://cognet.mit.edu/user/password.
Holdings and Newsletter
Follow the links below for a complete list of the resources available in CogNet:
To receive platform news and regular updates about our holdings, please sign up for our newsletter.
CogNet Site License Fee Structure
The CogNet site license program for educational institutions is based on the most recent Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education and takes into account the number of FTE students.
Additional types of site licenses are available. For consortial and international pricing, please contact us at email@example.com.